Thursday, October 28, 2010

Ink Spots,The Greatest Hits vinyl record lp - eBay (item 380283303668 end time Nov-04-10 00:19:52 PDT)

Ink Spots,The Greatest Hits vinyl record lp - eBay (item 380283303668 end time Nov-04-10 00:19:52 PDT)

Ink Spots,The Greatest Hits vinyl record lp

Condition: Record VG+ Cover VG+

Good Music Records Co
MSM 35051
1983 MCA Records

Tracks/songs

Side 1/One
1. If I Didn't Care
2. I'll Get By (As Long As I Have You)
3. The Gypsy
4. It's A Sin To Tell A Lie
5. My Prayer
6. Street Of Dreams
7. I Don't Stand A Ghost Of A Chance
8. Don't Get Around Much Anymore
9. I'll Never Smile Again

Side 2/Two
1. To Each His Own
2. We Three (My Echo, My Shadow And Me)
3. I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire
4. Maybe
5. I Cover The Waterfront
6. Do I Worry?
7. You Were Only Fooling (While I Was Falling In Love)
8. When The Swallows Come
9. Back To Capistrano
10. Always

Genres: R&B,Rhythm & Blues, Pop,Vocal
 allmusic Biography by Bill Dahl

The Ink Spots played a large role in pioneering the black vocal group-harmony genre, helping to pave the way for the doo wop explosion of the '50s. The quavering high tenor of Bill Kenny presaged hundreds of street-corner leads to come, and the sweet harmonies of Charlie Fuqua, Deek Watson, and bass Hoppy Jones (who died in 1944) backed him flawlessly.

Kenny's impeccable diction and Jones's deep drawl were both prominent on the Ink Spots' first smash on Decca in 1939, the sentimental "If I Didn't Care." From then through 1951, the group was seldom absent from the pop charts, topping the lists with "We Three (My Echo, My Shadow, and Me)" (1940), "I'm Making …Read More


This is a 12" vinyl record that plays at 33 1/3 rpm on a turntable/record player.

No comments:

Post a Comment